Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mapping Goat island - With real goats!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    Thanks

Okay well, I just ordered the mono-whatsit drawing tablet. (The smallest one, for $23!) And if I need anything else done, I'll go the scanning services route, I suppose

Yay I'm moving into the right century! (Sort of )
    Oh keep in mind there is a brief "disconnect" as your brain adjusts to tablet drawing. The actual drawing process is not any different but your brain needs to get used to what you're drawing appearing infront of you on a screen instead of on paper. It can take a few weeks (it's how long it took me) and afterwords it will feel perfectly natural.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    There was a similar joke about Russia. ''In 1860, Russia finally enters in the 19th century'' So it could be worst since it took you only 14 years.

23$ for a tablet! I paid one around 80$ and it was the cheapest at that time
    That's me. Still in the 19th century

I couldn't have afforded an $80 one

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    Oh keep in mind there is a brief "disconnect" as your brain adjusts to tablet drawing. The actual drawing process is not any different but your brain needs to get used to what you're drawing appearing infront of you on a screen instead of on paper. It can take a few weeks (it's how long it took me) and afterwords it will feel perfectly natural.
    I can imagine. I'm still trying to connect my brain with the mouse!!
    Have you "liked" a post today?

I confess I haven't read all the discussion since I the last time I had a look here... But, anyway, I agree with Azelor, your drawing is very good.
    So, you got to find a way to put your drawing talent to contribution!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Now just have to wait for the darned tablet to get here

seems like we had the same idea, Jalyha! Although I must say I think you were doing fine even without the tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    23$ for a tablet! I paid one around 80$ and it was the cheapest at that time
    Actually I think other companies than the traditional ones just had enough time to copy the technology now. But from what I found during my search for a tablet all last week, I think that if you can afford to focus on quality 80 is still the least you'll have to pay...
    And that's with great detail like "A COMPASS tells you which direction is north!"

Blog Entries

Lol. Leend is much more interesting than goat island, though!

Here's some more goat island... just me messing around with some basic brushes/tools in GIMP trying to figure out what to do:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goat Island post.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	61055

It look like another project...

Blog Entries

Lol. I can't get it straight in my head how it would look from any given angle, so I keep trying different ones. :/

It does look pretty dark and stormy, doesn't it? Was trying to make the temple stand out. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    Lol. Leend is much more interesting than goat island, though!
    haha it isn't! Just bigger…

Also, that picture is awesome! You should totally do an isometric map of Goat island! (is that what it's called?)
    Actually I could imagine that might help with the bird view if you first get a sense of how it would look from the side, and from above the waterfalls, below the waterfalls, etc. Might make adding the cliffs and slopes in the bird's eye map easier, no?
    And that's with great detail like "A COMPASS tells you which direction is north!"

Blog Entries

That was my line of reasoning... A view from down by the goat folds, one from the beach/flatland, etc...

Was thinking I could do pictures all the way around the island aand above, and below, and SMOOSH them into a mappable area

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast