Thread: Mapping Goat island - With real goats!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This looks really interesting. It definitely makes me reconsider how I think about integrating water and land in a map.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Ok, here is for all the people who wished to see a real goat in this thread :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny_goat__by_toxoner-d4ca0hh.jpg 
Views:	3008 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	60864

LOL I'll adopt your goat. The rest... They are coming! First I have to ... y'know... grow stuff for them to eat

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Why? There's no reason to that. Personnally, I've never been disappointed by one of my work in the end with a WIP. There's so many precious helpers and supporters here!

It seems to me that you have a good start for an ambitious project (a lot of data taken into account here )

My attention wanders, like a 5 year old, without redirection. In most things when I hit a wall, I tend to move away... and mapping is harder than painting

But I'm trying to stick to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonicus View Post
    This looks really interesting. It definitely makes me reconsider how I think about integrating water and land in a map.

Yeaap. Water is weird... except where there's like... plate hole stuff things under the ocean, the whole ocean bottom is cliffs too. Everything above the molten core is layers of dirt. (Or gasses / spaces between the dirt).

Water, as important as it is to us, is kind of an afterthought. It just... fills in the lower bits

Fun little story of why this irks me: Me and a friend went weight diving in the river one year with some rented scuba gear. If you had enough air (and could see through the muck) (and weren't afraid of wild things) you could walk all the way across the whole river.

We got the idea cause we were talking about people "fording rivers" cause we'd been playing oregon trail in one class or another, and how, in some rivers, with a low enough water level, people really could walk right across.

Of course, I'm sure there's holes and chasms and dangerous drop offs, but yeah... all dirt. Not that anyone cares LOL (I talk a lot!)

ANYway, here's my latest WIP for those who want to see progress (And Nathan's goat has become my mascot. )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goat Island post.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	217.2 KB 
ID:	60873