Thread: New in the Cartographer's world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi Irma and welcome here at the guild!

I'm new to maps and cartography myself so I probably can't help you with anything, but I would love to hear more about that world you mentioned! What kind of world is it, and have you been working on it for a long time? Is the land in the picture all there is or does that world have more continents?

I wish you lots of fun mapping your world and hope you'll have a great time here

Hi Lyrillies, thanks for the reply!

Another "new one", that's great. Hope you'll learn a lot around here
    Well in the first place it is, ofcourse, a fantasy world. So besides human there are living many different kind of creatures, wich I am still designing. You see, I love to make up my own creatures and draw them.
    The world probably has more continents, but they are all quite vague, this is the one I'm totally working out. (Writing the history, creating new cultures for the different tribes, designing castles etc.) It's so much fun to do!
    For now this continent excists out of 9 tribes, some of them are quite agressive, others are totally into knowledge and wizardry, and others are just very plain and "peacefull" as far as human can be peaceful. The tribes are almost all human, they still be the "main creature" in my world.

What about you? do you like fantasy, and do you also create your own worlds/creatures/cities?