Thread: New in the Cartographer's world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

oh lovely, I like fantasy worlds
    so when you say most of your tribes are mostly human but you love designing many different creatures, are those creatures mostly animals? And I don't know if that is too far off topic for this forum but I would love to see your drawings one day! 9 tribes seems like a lot for that land btw, how big is it? And does it have a name? And how did you come up with the idea of creating a world?
    Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions...

As for me, i see you replied in my thread, so I'll answer there - this is your place to say hello

Some of the creatures are based on human, others on animals. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to show them here, since it's a cartographers forum, and also I haven't "digitalized" them yet. But I am a member of deviantart on the same name as here, and maybe I'll upload some creatures there. I give you two links to 2 snake-like creatures I made:
    Watch out the trees... by IrmaZwart on deviantART
    Wormsel by IrmaZwart on deviantART

I just have been drawing a lot from since I can remember, and I mostly drew fantasy, so I thought I needed a world for my drawing to live in

About the 9 tribes in that land, I agree with Jalyha. I really love history, and that is very useful in creating a fantasy world. I live in the Netherlands, wich is that tiny small country in West-Europe. the Netherlands is smaller than the land I created here, but in history, the Netherlands (or republic in that time) excisted out of 7 different regions, each had their own rules and rulers, even their own money. So if that fits in a country that is too small for even mountains, then I think 9 tribes in my country will fit

I also really like to work small, to be more detailed. If I had my tribes living on this huuuugggeee continent, then they would never be able to get in touch with eachother so easily. Also they would have enough room and so there wouldn't be any need for war or things like that, and war is a part of the history of my world

Haha yeah quite some questions, I hope my answers aren't too long
    I'm note quite satisfied yet with the name of my world, but for now it's called "Waravos"