Quote Originally Posted by lomedhel View Post
I feel like there's too much mountains. It could be a feature of this world, it could be quite young and have had little erosion. I really like where the ranges lie, though. You know, when I look at this, I can't help but think of a huge pool of lava, that has been whisked and frozen. That would explain the weird/absent tectonics as well. Pondering on this, the contintents would lie where the moon has twisted off the planet... Sorry, I'm getting carried away.
The world is supposed to be young, yes, maybe ten thousand years old at the most. I haven't figured out what exactly yet but the world is definately created by a god/gods or something so having it be a lava world and whisked as you said and kind of frozen into stone, as if you had a stormy ocean with big dips and waves and froze it instantly in the shape that it was, i really like that idea. I also like the idea that the formations of the land physically show where the moon/moons twisted off the planet. I love both of those ideas, thanks for the input!

I think I am mostly comfortable with having a very mountainous world. It is fantasy anyway, and it makes for something a bit interesting/different than what has been done before to a certain degree.