Thread: Takeshidai - WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Additionally, I have decided that instead of concerning myself with filling in the surrounding land as well as the focused territory, I will be taking a more artistic approach. I'm going to do this as an atlas style "book" rather than a puzzle-piece "this piece goes here, and this one here" gargantuan singular map. Doing this in an atlas style with a focus on a specific location in each map will allow me to take more creative liberties with individual regions, as I won't have to worry about stressing over whether or not landforms or objects are perfectly represented in later maps. It is also abundantly clear to me that some geographic regions will be substantially larger than others, making it a moot point to try to make equally sized maps if the focus will be split for half or more of the maps because a large amount of content will be partially irrelevant to that map.

No, an atlas style book of maps focused on individual regions is a better idea.

That said, I've tried two different styles for blocking out irrelevant landmass, both focused on a scroll-like paper style texture.

For me, the first one is more artistically pleasing, but the second one might be better for writing in or applying map art, and looks like it will probably meld better with the end product. I might even be able to put some vague reference points in there and have it stay in theme with the second one.

Last edited by gspRooster; 02-05-2014 at 03:03 AM.