Yes I suppose not all decisions require a majority.
I thought about the subject and I studied political sciences, so I might get annoying with this but I think it's important to have a clear way to deliberate to avoid situation where people feel cheated by some decisions.

As long as it's over 50%+1, were fine
between 30-33% and 50 % : seems ok to me, government are formed with around 30 % of the votes. Very low but possible.
Less than 30-33 %: there is a lack of legitimacy here. Solution:

1: applying a weighting to the votes. Here I was thinking about single voters. I think that if someone has only one choice that interest him, he should be favored a bit. We only keep the ones that received the most votes (say more than 15%) anddecrease the weight of the votes for people that chooses multiple options. I haven't fiddled a lot with the numbers but dividing 1 vote by the number of chosen options would not make sense. It's leads to complicated calculus and the devil is in the details.

2: multiple turn (2 max) I f result is unconclusive, take only those that have more than 15 % of the votes and organize a second voting with 2 or 3 options, no more.

3: have no time limit to vote. There is a deadline but if results are inconclusive, it's possible to add more time to vote. That could also prevent a tie situation.

I would also like to ask: what is the required number of vote for the election to be valid ?