Lol. I'll take your word for it. That apparent brightness sounds very reasonable.

According to Wikipedia, -6.5 is "The total integrated magnitude of the night sky as seen from Earth." So this star would be very apparent but not annoyingly bright. Although I would have thought the total integrated magnitude of the night sky would have been higher.... Guess because it's on a logarithmic scale maybe?

So if our extra star is a temperature about 5000-6000 k it would be yellow in appearance? Assuming that our main star ans solar system is similar to Earths then that would mean two yellow stars. I'd actually like to differentiate the colours between them more substantially than that. Say either one level down into orange or into a higher level to white or blue white. This way it would allow for mythical opposition in their associations between the two stars. Personally I prefer a darker colour for the natural threat that would seem to pose to our home star. The apparent colours are different though so I'm not sure if what I'm saying makes actual sense.

As you mentioned Azelor we should also consider what is around the White Dwarf as a result of its change of state. As far as I understand it it could be pretty much anything from planetary nebulae, to rings of debris, to gas clouds.

We should also put some thought into the rest of the solar system. What planets and how many are orbiting our sun? Are there any rogue planets on a long or weird orbit due to the influence of the second star? Are there any belts of crap in orbit with us? Etc.