The whole time I was reading I was like.. Nooooooo it would have been too hot until... and then you said it and I was like, oh, okay, and I had to go back and re-read

The star: My concern is what the people of the CWBP2 world would associate with the star, depending on tech levels. How do they know it's old/dense? It'd be bright, right? If the people don't know much about stars, I think they might see the brightness and have fewer unpleasant associations? Maybe? (I did some google-browsing for inspiration and found only one "scary" reference... something about a comet/planet Hercobulus or something, that freaked me out, but it was unrelated...)

Do you mean special properties, as in magical?

(Also how long after the nebula is gone would stop seeing it? doesnt that take millions/billions of years? *confused*)

The Moon: I'm thinking hill spheres, which means I'm thinking she's not really there is the best way to go, because otherwise it would get caught up in one orbit or another, yes?

Maybe a thin rift/veil between the dimensions which you can see through only when conditions (or the planet itself?) is aligned a certain way?