Thread: untitled,Japan inspired continent map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I would guess a medium sized island as well. Not that you need it as your mountains already have a watercolor brush styling already, but I have a set of map symbols based on ukiyo-e woodblock print art in the map elements forum. I've used those to create my own Japanese style island maps, which I needed for the publication of a Japanese horror setting I designed for use with the Pathfinder roleplaying game, called Kaidan. Here's the first major island map for that setting, using the ukiyo-e symbols.

Yonshu island map.

All your rivers appear to be going in reverse direction. You've got smaller rivers joining larger rivers but the merge points away from the sea - that's wrong. Also the source of your rivers appear to be wider at the source, that too is in reverse. The widest point should be right before it flows into the sea. All your rivers seem narrowest at the sea with backwards pointing merges - you need to fix that. (see the River Police badge, under my avatar.)
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-03-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations