Thanks everyone, I'm quite happy how this turned out.

Whilst your choice in game absolutely sucks (FF7 4tw!)
Haha, I actually never got into that FF, I think I only got to the end of CD1. Got the playstation nearer to the end of its cycle, so FFIX was the first FF that I bought.

Firstly I'd lose the grain texture on the wood as I think it it doesn't suit the style
I do agree with you there, I added to it as I had added a paper texture to the middle, so thought I needn't something for the border. But was not 100% happy with it, so will take the texture off the piece.

Secondly I'd try more variation with the line width on your next piece. A thinner line for the detail would really give the pic a lot more punch eg. mountain and tree detail). Some coastal cliffs on your southern landmass would also be pretty nice given the 3D view (similar to your southern most mountain plateau range) as otherwise it looks like 3d drawings drawn on top of an overhead flat landmass.
For the line thickness, was thinking I may need to add variation to it, but had already done all the mountains, and that took so long and was not going to redo all that. Same thing with the coastal cliffs, have started messing around with that on my new piece, but had already finished the line work and colouring on this one. Will try both of these things out on my new map.