Thread: Hand-made city maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I understand what you mean, except that it seems that you think that every street block is one building block. One little square can be up to 100 different buildings, before generalisation is so much, that I have to start drawing each building seperately. Of course, buildings lines may we broken by 10 metres without appearing so on these maps. These two cities are about 3.5×2.5 kilometres, drawn on a sheet of ca. 35×25 centimetres, so my it's actually very detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning Cartographer View Post
    I have mixed feelings. On the one hand they look good, on the other hand I don't personally like the style/shortcut of using the roads to cut through blocks of colour to make the buildings, as every building conforms to the exact shape of roads (which never happens). It's a quicker method, sure, (though it's obvious you spent a lot of time on these) but it just makes them look a little less authentic for my liking.
    Hmm where's my previous reply? Well, I see what you mean, but did you understand that each street block might contain up to 100 seperate buildings? Both maps are appr. 3.5×2.5 kilometres, on a paper sheet of 35×27 cm, so it's no way of drawing each building seperately :p
    Last edited by Korash; 02-04-2014 at 11:33 PM.