Thread: WIP: Since nothing is working (and I have ADD) a world from tectonics up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I thought high pressure = dry and low pressure = rain? cause of the air rising and the book thing says water falls from rising air, yes?

the heat map... I kinda figured with so much land mass, it would be pretty hot everywhere?

AND with climate stuff, I was thinking it would be laid out like...

Attachment 61194

And then I had put it on my globe for testing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pangea.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	297.2 KB 
ID:	61195

I'll look over yours and compare it when I'm a little more awake/able to comprehend where I went wrong

And thanks so much for helping me!

EDIT WAAAAAAAAAAITTTTT Yours is for northern summer? And mine was (trying to be) northern winter

And they are pretty much opposite, until I get near the south pole... does thaat mean I did mine right or even worse than I thought??? >.<
    Last edited by Jalyha; 02-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    I thought high pressure = dry and low pressure = rain? cause of the air rising and the book thing says water falls from rising air, yes?

the heat map... I kinda figured with so much land mass, it would be pretty hot everywhere?

EDIT WAAAAAAAAAAITTTTT Yours is for northern summer? And mine was (trying to be) northern winter

And they are pretty much opposite, until I get near the south pole... does thaat mean I did mine right or even worse than I thought??? >.<
    My understanding is that is basically correct, as far as high and low pressure goes. But wind and mountains and stuff like that is going to alter what that means for the overall planet.

And yes, looking at yours for northern winter, it does make a lot more sense. Not sure why I was starting with summer, although probably because I've been working on a southern hemisphere oriented map. Good stuff. LOL.