I don't consider Star Wars to be high magic. Mostly the jedi powers are pretty low-key, such as the mind trick. Only the rare master-level jedis/siths can do any really flashy things like (heavy lifting) telekinesis or electric zapping. And even those powers seem very limited in their scope; they'd be far less valuable in a large scale battle than in a duel with another jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
I can't for instance see magic having nothing to do with the node tunnels. Clearly there is an interaction there. What is it? What does it mean? Does it feed on magic? Is it where magic comes from? Or is it a symptom of something in the world the same as magic? For instance the reality of the world is just unstable enough for souls to take and manipulate how reality is?
I originally envisioned the tunnels as constructed things. Kind of like stargates, but less technological. They would be relics of unknown origin, predating human civilization. Thus they'd be using magic, possibly exploiting naturally occurring weak spots to create permanent shortcuts through the otherworld.