Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP inked style Dungeon map

As it turns out.... I already asked the question I deleted.

I should learn to read the whole forum thread.

/facepalm
    Last edited by Evocati; 08-11-2016 at 12:23 AM. Reason: ADHD.

Do you happen to have a link to the background you used? Or maybe a link to a similar one?

Hmm it was just something I whipped up for the occasion and its been a couple years I'm afraid. A google image search for "parchment" should give you plenty to work with though.

That's no biggie. I really liked the colors/texture you managed to blend there, but can sample them and just put them on my own parchments (I've made a few).

What I haven't sorted out yet, is how you managed to feather to one side so cleanly. My smart wand selects both sides and then feathers it accordingly. I thought about just going through with 1px brush on a layer mask, but there's gotta be a faster (and easier) method to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map_with_layers.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	86719

I'll move the scree layer later. It's postion atm isn't important.
    Last edited by Evocati; 08-17-2016 at 01:32 PM. Reason: added map

If I remember right I Just feathered everything out for the floor then re-selected the floor and deleted it if you're talking about the the crosshatching layer mask. If your talking about the natural stairs/height levels, each is its own layer with a layer mask on the whole folder so I can hide the "backside" of each set of stairs, makes them very quick to lay down (imagine a pyramid with the entire backside of it hidden and that's what you're seeing on the stairs). So many things that look like line work on this map are in fact solids with 0% fill and strokes around them and possibly a black outer glow or drop shadow set to zero distance. Does that answer some questions or am I missing the mark?

Lol, I just re-read my question and realized I didn't even mention what I was talking about. Yes, I was referring to the walls and I think your answer will help.

I really appreciate you taking the time to get back regarding this topic. I am in love with your map details :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123