Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlas Elyden

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Here's the latest WIP on the Hareshk map. I still need to label the sea routes and add a cartouche to the top-left detailing the different territories (much as the original Hareshk Map listed the shields on the map borders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Hareshk.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	80719

I'm now gonna start work on the topoghraphy for the Almagest map - which will take some time as Almagest is a pretty large area, covering about as much land as the Azazem, Korachan, and Pelasgos maps combined, so will be at quite a different scale, with a lot more land represented.

Your work allways captivates me. When i think about the amount of work it took you to invest in your encyclopedia, i can't be nothing else but admirative.

I'm calling this one done (until I find any mistakes or work on adjacent regions that appear in the peripheries of this one).

Name:	the Hareshk.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	4.10 MB 
ID:	80857

By popular vote the next region will be Almagest, a somewhat larger region...

so I finally finished the topography on the Almagest map, and I'm ready to finish work on the rivers and other geographical features before i start work on labelling...

Name:	Almagest.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	80970

After some eagle-eyed comments from a few redditor I've decided to go back and redo the roads on the previous maps, to make them more direct and better fit in with the latitudes. These Atlas maps are never gonna be finished

note: the graticules and cartouche are not final
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 03-07-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Wow this is just amazing.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Vorro, your work stuns me. Every time.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    so I finally finished the topography on the Almagest map, and I'm ready to finish work on the rivers and other geographical features before i start work on labelling...

Name:	Almagest.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	80970

After some eagle-eyed comments from a few redditor I've decided to go back and redo the roads on the previous maps, to make them more direct and better fit in with the latitudes. These Atlas maps are never gonna be finished

note: the graticules and cartouche are not final
    Simply AMAZING! I can really get a feel for those mountains. I havn't been on reddit before, whats your expereince there?

Darcy

Quote Originally Posted by darcycardinal View Post
    Simply AMAZING! I can really get a feel for those mountains. I havn't been on reddit before, whats your expereince there?

Darcy
    Not too bad. I generally frequent: /r/worldbuilding/ (has some cool writing prompts for worldbuilding), /r/imaginarymaps/, and /r/mapmaking/. there's loads more though i found many of the others (particularly the writing-oriented ones) have vary draconian posting rules, so i just dont bother with them as my posts tend to get removed because i didn't follow rule whatever...

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	100 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	81120

This is the end of the index so far on the 4 finished maps. Ignoring the fact that the grid on some is 'letter+number' and others are 'number+letter', that's just under 700 labels in 4 maps, and that's not counting all the labels that fall outside the borders of the nation each map focuses on. imagine the whole atlas

Very impressive, and with that I mean all of this atlas, encyclopedia, index project!

What does the 'pg 8x' 'pg 4x' refer to? Is it the number of pages it appears or the number of the page?

-Dan

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast