Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Atlas Elyden

Oh... my... goodness!

That's just massive - I mean superb. Well, maybe I mean massively superb

Absolutely amaizing.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by vorropohaiah View Post
    So I've finally started working on the full size map. I started working withan A1 size, though found it too small, so switched A0 (841 x 1189 mm [13244 x 18724 px]). I spent most of the day compositing my two continent maps (north and south) and making sure that everything is to scale and aligned correctly. I can tell you - waiting for my computer to process the transform function on 5 layers of that size simultaneously is so frustrating!

It almost looks ready, but I need to completely redo the labels and all the iconography as they're composites from the individual maps and are to different scales and are all merged and rasters, so now I begin the long hard slog of redoing all those labels...

a lot of the map - particularly the west and south west of the map - is not yet done so I'll be making it from scratch directly on this map (and then when it's time to make the smaller regional maps I'll use the work here as a template, which is the opposite of how I've been working so far

Edit: the image is so big I've had to split it in 4 and upload it as separate images.

Attachment 98251Attachment 98252
    Attachment 98253Attachment 98254
    This
    IS
    SUPER.

I literally don't know what to say. This is simply amazing!

Incredible.

I was looking at this thread the other day when you posted your Mharokk map, mostly to find out how you did your graticule lines, and I remember thinking then, "I really hope you have this stuff backed up off site." It's too fantastic and big to loose.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh... my... goodness!
    That's just massive - I mean superb. Well, maybe I mean massively superb
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Absolutely amaizing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    This
    IS
    SUPER.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    I literally don't know what to say. This is simply amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Incredible.

wow thanks

I was looking at this thread the other day when you posted your Mharokk map, mostly to find out how you did your graticule lines, and I remember thinking then, "I really hope you have this stuff backed up off site." It's too fantastic and big to loose.
    well, they're saved on Google Drive, which should be ok. Though I have deleted files by mistake and had to retrieve old versions - this happened recently with the southern continent map and I had to revert to a version that was a few weeks old. Luckily I hadn't done much work on it in those few weeks but it was still frustrating.

The worst was with the map of the Hareshk, which I accidentally flattened with no back up file. So I need to go back sometime to redo it from scratch

Default Fractal Mountains

I love what you did with your mountains! Looks some old Julia fractals. Well-done!

Quote Originally Posted by Acrotiger View Post
    I love what you did with your mountains! Looks some old Julia fractals. Well-done!
    Well i think fractals are pretty common in nature (there's a fish that makes a nest in the sand that really reminds me of those) and they look damned cool!

I've gone and updated some of the older maps, including the first one (Korachan) and the Hareshk, the latter of which was accidentally flattened months ago and I never had the guts to go back and redo it. So now that I'm winding down with the individual Atlas maps and had more time on my hands I decided to go back and revisit them, updating them to the newer style and adding elements that I hadn't included in the early maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Korachan - low-res.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	98717 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Hareshk low-res.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	98718

Here's the latest map - #24 - detailing Tartak. though I'm winding down with the atlas maps there's still some regions I'm looking forward to doing - of course there's the regions that will be depicted on the poster map anyway, so it's an easy job to get those resized to A3, plus there's a few regions I've been wanting to get done for ages that aren't in the Inner Sea area, so I've been putting them off. One is the first region I ever wrote about about 12 years ago (Temuja), another is one that has a big role to play in ancient history (Khamid). both are real-world analogues - representing mongolia and egypt, respectively.

Work is proceeding slowly on the larger poster map, mostly because I get border adding all the dots and icons. so far ive added about 500 city markers and that's probably around 25% of the total I need to do...
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 08-21-2017 at 04:59 AM.

here's the updated collage map, taking into account the most recent maps. I'm busy adding the new labels to the Inner Sea map... So many labels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	collage - crop other.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	98891

Amazing! It's really coming together.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast