Thread: Atlas Elyden

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

so, I've started work on this again. Though I haven't posted much over the past year-or-so, I've been slowly tinkering away on this between other projects. I've settled on a colour palette I'm happy with, and have decided to rotate the maps to make the longitude lines line up with the page orientation a bit better than before.

Now it's just a matter of adding the labels, which, as always takes time with me

Below are the two maps I'm actively working on at the moment: The first is a political map, depicting Korachan, centre of the High-empire; and the second is one of various 'feature' maps I have planned, depicting not necessarily nations, but particular regions. This is the Shibboleth, one of Elyden's largest rivers:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Korachan.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	77694 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the Shibboleth.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	77695

The maps were re-oriented and re-scaled from the previous versions so most of the labels need to be repositioned to line up with the latitude lines.

I'm not 100% sold on the fonts yet (so far I'm using various fonts from the IM fell family), though they will do for now.

The shaded areas in the maps are the areas of focus and will be described in a small cartouche, though the previous style cartouches wont be used (a generic key will feature in the beginning of the Atlas. The shaded area in the first map denotes the lands of the nation of Korachan (in the north) as well as the Dichotocratic Republic of Hoamm (in the south). Another map will focus on Hoamm in more detail, and another will concentrate on Korachani colonies, in insert atlas style. The second map is the drainage basin of the river Shibboleth and will concentrate on tributaries and other river-related labels in favour of normal placces (though capitals and major cities wwill be featured).
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 11-28-2015 at 01:46 PM.