Thread: Atlas Elyden

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

So, I’ve got some more work done on the Atlas entries as well as some tweaks and minor adjustments that no-one other than myself is likely to even notice and I’m getting closer to finding a style I’m happy with (though I’m still torn about the mountains, though i'll keep that for another day...

Of these new maps the most complex, by far is the one detailing twin nations of Ahrishen and Virahan. This is largely due to the many lakes, the relatively small scale (compare this map with the one of Ezasuth, for instance), and the fact that the regions to the west, south-east and east had already been mapped (Vârr, the Haréshk and Nakhé, respectively) so there was a lot of back and forth between this map and the older ones to make sure that everything (borders, coastlines, graticules) lined up and scaled together correctly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ahrishen & Virahan.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	715.3 KB 
ID:	61849

I think I done a decent job (though it’s far from done…), though I realise that the maps are nothing much to look at at the moment and wont exactly be arty maps when they're done - they're political maps, detailing resources, roads, trade routes and such things and are functional rather than pretty,though I hope the Atlas can be seen as a work of art in some respects once its done. Also, the more maps I get done the more time-consuming the task gets. Also, the more maps I get done means the farther away from my comfort zone (Inner Sea) I get, which means more terra incognita: the lands around Korachan are very familiar as I’ve been working on them for coming up to a year now, though the farther afield I move the more unexplored certain regions become.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ezasuth.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	618.4 KB 
ID:	61850 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laaskha.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	584.6 KB 
ID:	61851 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nakhe.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	629.1 KB 
ID:	61852 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Varr.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	610.2 KB 
ID:	61853
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 02-28-2014 at 04:45 AM.