I understood that the stop was relatively sudden and I supposed it took less than a day to completely stop the planet...

Temperature variation would be around 10-50 Celsius per day I expect. If Amazonia was on the dark-side for example, the temperatures would go from 30 degree to less than zero in less than 24h. We both live in Nordic countries where extreme weather occurs from time to time. A 10-20 degree change is nothing exceptional in less than 24h but think about what would happen if it was -20 degree everyday. And if it was -50 degree or more...

I looked at the numbers and some place are worst than others. In the desert, the difference between day and night can be quite high (around 30 according to wikipedia: Diurnal temperature variation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
But it's possible to have higher variations. I know the Chinook is just a wind but it help to get an idea of the maximum variation in a day : Chinook wind - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like you map. I do think the band in the middle is too large but after all, this is art and not science.