Hi!

I'm Silver, and I am very new to mapping. I wear many hats - I've been a larper, console gamer, and a lover of tabletop games but I have recently added a new hat - Dungeon Master! I dropped my PCs into an entire world of my own creation and subsequently found myself doing something I've never done - making lots and lots of maps. I sought help from google (naturally) and came upon this awesome site. I started out hand-drawing my maps a few weeks ago, but quickly moved over to GIMP after realizing I'd taken on way too big of a task for being a complete beginner.

I have a wispy type of background in art - I went to a fine arts high school and majored in sculpture but now I work in the tech field. I still draw and sculpt from time to time and have dabbled very sparingly with programs like gimp to finish up drawings. I'm working on a few maps (my main campaign world, major capital city, the city's palace, and the city's temple) right now, and hope to post to the appropriate WIP threads soon. I hope to learn everything I can from being a member here and I'm very excited to learn this new skill!