Thread: Greetings!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Welcome to the guild Edward Protera! Probably the first place to start is to let us know if you are using any software or just hand drawn. If using software, what are you using? Start posting up some samples and we will be happy to help you along. If you are using some type of software to create or modify your maps after the fact, check out the tutorials. Most of the tutorials have the software used to create the tut in the thread title.

Joe
    Digital media are my thing... I'm actually quite new to mapping, but I recently started drawing again. I use a tablet for anything that involves hand-drawing; as for programs, I have ArtRage for sketching; it's built to emulate real-life media like pencils, oil paints, et cetera... for anything else, I use either Adobe Photoshop CS3 or Illustrator CS3.

I've already begun working with dhalsimrocks' using tectonic plates to create a map tutorial, actually... but, newb that I am, I'm not sure where to post my work.

EDIT: Seems I overlooked an entire set of boards. I think I know where to post my work now. XD

EDIT EDIT: I posted a reeeeeallly rudimentary bit of work here. Hopefully it'll improve a bit as I do more work.
    Last edited by Edward Protera; 07-30-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Found the art posting boards.
    "Is Eris true?"
    "Everything is true."
    "Even false things?"
    "Even false things are true."
    "How can that be?"
    "I don’t know man, I didn’t do it."

~ The Principia Discordia 5th ed., Introduction

Welcome, and Hello.

You're going to love it here.