Thread: Dungeon Making with Xara

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I made a tile for bert's lair. I had a little fun replicating it and fitting it together, and made a picture for posting.

Picture is of four copies of same tile, which I rotated and placed in Xara. The round black bits at one end of each tile are bevels, that indicate a steep slope. For two of the junctions, where the walls meet, the bevels should be ignored. Other two either a slide down, or a steep climb is indicated (depending on which direction you are traveling).

I am hoping it is obvious which bit is supposed to be higher than the other. I intend to do a whole set for this month's contest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example tiling.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	5633  

Have finished most of terrain outside of cave itself. Rest of terrain will have to wait until I find/make good rock textures and rock/grass transition textures. I am also looking for foliage that can be placed on layer atop grass terrain layer, without completely obscuring details underneath.

Scale of map is 1 in = 20 ft. However the terrain tiles I used are 1/2 in (10' square), because this seemed like best scale to make terrain features like roads and trails appear how I wanted them to.

I have constructed most of the tiles I will use for the cavern complex, but they are still unfurnished. Completing the cavern complex will probably be my next step. On this scale of map, all cave tiles will appear tiny.

I thought I attached this to last post. Here is current progress of map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bert's Cave so far.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	6012