I'd say yes... very tentatively...

If you make a challenge like this, and people are allowed to map the real world, then they are expressing their politics on the forums. Other people will disagree, or get offended, people will make seemingly (to them) harmless statements, other people will get angry... I've seen politics spiral into flamewars even on the most pleasant of forums. And it's so nice here, I'd hate to see that.

If it was specified that it had to be a fictional world, I can see it. But, as you said, you'd have to do two maps - the "as is" and the "political".

So, say we do that, and someone makes a map with a huge palace and tiny slums... that's pretty cool. And someone else makes the slums as big as a small country, because the cartographer's some wharf rat to whom the slums are the whole world, and that's cool. And then someone will work on different countries being the size of small planets and other countries the size of a radish... which would be fine... except... someone is going to see their country in the radish and be offended, and it probably won't spiral into anything other than a veiled snarky comment, but it will upset someone, almost guaranteed...

So... I think the challenge could be fun, but risky if it's not outlined a lot more clearly than most challenges, which are usually very open to interpretation.

(ie: Don't use real places, even as a basis, don't use real religions or... whatever.)

If it could be done that way, then I say yes. Otherwise I say no. :/

Then again, I'm extremely paranoid, and they'll prolly do it and no one will care and everyone will be like "haha Jalyha is crazy". That'd be nice

Anyway, so, I'll vote yes, but I'm anxious about it