Thread: Fantasy World Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    No, more landmass means more heat. On Earth, the south hemisphere is colder than the north. It seems hotter because all we can think about are places like Rio, Sydney... but these place are at near the 30th parallel. Only a small portion of the souther lands are located under the 45th parallel, while a lot of northern cities are located near that latitude. When thinking about the south, we often forget about Patagonia, Antarctica and that most of it is covered by water. Places where the whether are much colder than their norther counterparts. (maybe with the exception of Siberia)
    Yeah I said that I think I think the southern hemisphere on my planet would be considerably warmer than Earth's, since it's similar to Earth's northern hemisphere instead. That matches what you're saying about the difference between the two on Earth, right?

Edit: I re-read my original post - the confusion was caused by me mentioning the lack of landmass on the pole in my planet. Iirc, landmasses = greater temperature sensitivity to solar radiation, meaning generally higher temperatures in summer and lower temperatures in winter. I was under the impression that this meant the location of Antarctica actually lowered Antarctic temperatures (albedo = little solar heat absorbed in summer, land instead of sea = lower temperatures in winter), exacerbated by the lack of other continents nearby (which would lack ice cover and be in the sun more often, and would alter the currents to provide a more variable climate down there). I don't really have a particularly in-depth grasp of any of this though, so if I'm wrong then please explain

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    And yea, illustrator always crash where other software would just lag and function normally afterward. At least, the CS3 version seems to be a poorly optimized software.
    Yup, and it's one in which I always seem to save the least often. I use CS5, and it's not usually this bad... but then again I don't usually have this level of detail in a single file, which might explain it!
    Last edited by Raptori; 02-23-2014 at 02:15 PM.