Quote Originally Posted by rvgriffiths View Post
Is that something I could do/use on an ipad? I'm using a sketching program to work on it right now. Hopefully I can get my laptop limping along enough to run GIMP soon.

2:1... Am I right in guessing that's width to height? 2 pixels/inches/whatever in width for every one in height? (That's probably something that should be basic knowledge, I'm sure, but I'm the sort of person to whom anything remotely useful is endlessly baffling. How I survive the world without a keeper is a wonder in itself.)

I would like to map it to a globe eventually, I'm a visual person and seeing things in a more realistic format is useful to me. I'm definitely all for it if it will help with my continent placement.
I'm not sure, but I think Google Earth is available for the iPad. I don't know whether the iPad version would allow you to add your own image overlay to it like the windows version does, but it's worth a look I think.

Yeah exactly, just an image twice as wide as it is tall at any size. I've made mine huge - 10,000px by 5,000px, but anything in that ratio fits perfectly on that kind of projection

I'm the same, and the distortion at the poles makes it really hard to judge how big things are there on a normal flat map. I made a rough guess at what I'd want the continents to look like, then put it on Google Earth since it makes it much easier to see where it's going wrong.