Thread: Historical European Board Game (Project)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar

Thanks Raptori. That's a good map. Might be a bit small though. I've never edited .svg files before. I only just yesterday learned what vector graphics were. lol. Is GIMP a vector editor? I'll need to figure out how to paint over existing graphics and replace them with a new style. All new to me! The major part is the coastlines. I'm always afraid if I'm using a paint brush or something, that I'll accidentally destroy a coastline. lol

No problem! The size doesn't matter because it's a vector, you can make it as big as you want and it'll stay crisp and clear

I've never used GIMP, but assuming it handles them similarly to Photoshop then it should be able to open them and resize them properly, just not edit them very well. For that you'd need a vector graphics program like Illustrator - I've heard good things about Inkscape in the past.

At least it's fun though! I'd probably just use that existing image as a reference, so that if you change anything you can always compare to the original to see if it still matches reality