Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
Well what a great way to delurk! This is a fabulous first pass at a map. You've got an attractive cartoonist style here. A couple suggestions. First, more variation in color would help (for instance if you threw in some more kinds of terrain types). Second, I think it would be more appropriate for a may of this style to hand-draw the towns/cities/nations rather than using nondescript icons. Other than that, great job!

Cheers,
-Arsheesh
Thanks for the kind words. I definitely agree with the colour suggestion, I struggled with the green monochrome a fair bit and terrain types would have been a good way to break that up, I will keep it in mind. The labels and icons I threw on at the last minute because my original idea of leaving it blank looked much too empty. My structure drawing isn't very good, but I'll experiment with hand drawn towns between now and the next map and see if I can get it to work. I just noticed that I never did put any roads in either, oh well, I guess they can all just cut through farmer Maggot's fields to get where they're going.