Since I'm tossing comments at other maps that look better than mine, might as well update the WIP and take as I have given. (grin)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hala WIP.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	998.3 KB 
ID:	62591

Forests need added. City dots are just place markers while GM decides which city is at which point. Labeling will be last.

Some things which will be in the legend.
- The 'fog' marks the unexplored area, more clearly denoting that 'here be ghoulies and dragons and orcs, oh my.' Since I'll keep it as a layer I can easily uncover it after it's explored in play.
- Each dot of the roads/trails (the round blue dots) is one day by caravan, and more-or-less where a caravan on that route would stay. I used a grid for positioning and tried to make them closer together where rough terrain would slow the movement.
- I do not like the current border. I didn't like the last one, either. I'll be playing with different styles till I find one that both the GM and I like. At present it's only partially complete. It's the small brownish-red dotted lines.

Oh, I used both the original and the shaded overlap mountains combined. I somewhat like the effect though still need to do some cleanup work.

Long term plan. This map is going to end up an overview. I'm then going to do smaller, more detailed country/region maps and apply lessons learned.

Comments and recommendations are welcome.