Thread: Keeping it all organized

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I'll take this opportunity to plug my app which is linked in my sig. I built ViewingDale for exactly this kind of purpose where it can embed and link up sets of maps in a zoom browser way. You can also attach links to the map for text files, video, pictures, music etc as well. So the idea is that you organize your information around the map. I.e. you zoom down to a village then to a house and attach a text file to that to describe it. You can also use the same link for multiple places so that you can link every single horse in the world to the text file containing horse movement rates and carrying capacities etc. Then next time you add a horse into the map you will get the link on it as well.

I have a video of that (alt link to same video) where you can zoom down and get a piccy of a person linked from the map.

Failing that I would recommend a wiki as the next best option but personally I think its a big gap between the usability of having the information directly attached to the map to one where you have to separately navigate to the wiki entry as well.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-08-2014 at 05:36 AM.