Quote Originally Posted by timallen View Post
Can we have a few more details on the game itself? Is this to be a board-wargame, or what? Area movement or point-to-point? What other parts to the game will there be (counters, cards, etc.)? Whats the objective and how do you win?
Hi timallen, thanks for commenting! I'll give you a few more details. It is to be a war game, with a primary interest in emphasizing the religious conflict going on. The map is divided into different nation states, France, Switzerland, Saxony, etc. It's also divided in cities and towns. Movement is point to point, city to city, town to town. Each player starts with a home city, Lutheran would be Wittenberg for example. You have a "church" in that city which gives you reform points, and a missionary piece you can move to a new town. You'll rely on your missionary at first to establish churches in neighboring towns, once you have 3 or 4 churches in 3 or 4 towns, you'll have enough RP generating every turn that your able to establish churches without a missionary. Armies come later with additional RP and the upgrading of your churches. The player will draw cards as well. Don't want to give to me details out to the public!

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
Here's the style that comes to mind first:
http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...-maps-prov.jpg

Here's the thread you'll find that image in
http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...ic-maps-4.html

Though for your purposes the level of detail need not be nearly so high.
Thanks for the link madcowchef. I've seen this style before and never really thought it would be a good fit for what I'm attempting. It reminds me of this map A Mighty Fortress | Image | BoardGameGeek . I want my game to be instructional on not just history, but geography as well. I don't think this style has a focus on clearly visible geography. With that thought, I'd like for mountains, lakes, and major rivers to be easily visible on the board. I have kind of settled on a style now. I'm currently "painting" the map through use of transparent brushes. I should have an update tomorrow.