Thread: Sugestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip V.2

changed some things -rivers/coastal relief, lakes outflow and fiddled with the color scheme
    the central river is giving me headaches... it seems out of place there, dunno why. but is one of those few things bound to the story.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IANNA_V2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	62223  
    Last edited by sandtrout; 03-10-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Guild Member

Pretty. The increased contrast helps, though I personally liked the almost-monochromatic you had at first. (No accounting for tastes, I guess).

Which story? One or two people here read and might be able to spot something you've missed in your source.

For the rest, me, I'm bothered by the rivers that appear to flow uphill. If I drew coarse contour lines based on what I'm seeing, I see two primary ridgelines. One is the hard crest at the right edge of the map. The other flows through the three center hills. Yet you've got two sets of water - the south definite, the north probably - crossing the saddle from west to east.

Interestingly you broke that problem for your river to exit to the southeast 'delta'. You've got a clear ridge connecting the center to the right, but you broke it with a canyon.

the delta, by the way, bothers me because alluvial deposits don't usually look like rocky ridges. Rounded hills, maybe. But at least it's a nominal triangle breaking out to the sea.