Yeah, I thought the trees weren't the best asset to this map, but I'm currently working on making a digital version of it and I'm going to smooth that out. Based on what I see, I need to make the treeline thinner and I'll probably just change the trees inside into the small circles making up the treeline, minus the trunks, for obvious reasons, and cluster them a bit better. I'll also fix the smearing on some of the letters. This was caused by my erasing the pencil underneath and accidentally smearing some ink that had gotten onto the eraser from something earlier. There were also some errors in the horizontal lines off the coast, but those are easy fixes.

My lettering was easy for me to learn, and I'm sure you could pick it up quickly enough if you wanted. Basically, the farthest left edge of each letter has an extra line on it, making it thicker, any closed letters (O, R, P, etc...) have a small dot in the closed area, and all the straight lines have lines perpendicular to the vertical edge of the direction it's written in. The "S"s are wierd because you have to draw a normal S first, draw the vertical lines on the end, then follow a thinner S up to the top. The "Q" is awkward to, but easy enough. Other than that, if a letter has a top two lines (E, F, R, B, K, P, etc...) the top part is shorter than the rest.

Thanks for the advice, guys!