Thread: A real world map of Brunei for a PhD Thesis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Something like this hack look good enough?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BruneiSmMulti.gif 
Views:	153 
Size:	119.8 KB 
ID:	62343

Of course a look at your source map would get me some better extents than random maps on the web show :-)...
    Last edited by jbgibson; 03-16-2014 at 01:01 AM.

Hi, JB.

Thanks for replying. I hope I did send people off chasing after Borneo's cartographic history, there can't be too many people interested in Borneo for my taste.

The first series of maps are okay, but I would want something more detailed and attractive looking than that.

Your 'hack' is actually pretty much what my original map shows, except clearer and more easy to comprehend. I'll get it scanned and put it up here in the next couple of days for comparison purposes.

The image in my head of what I want the map to look like is more... ornate and detailed than these examples. I'm not very good at describing things, but I guess it looks more like those maps you see in books about the history of cartography. Something that you can admire, but that still shows what I need it to show.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCN_0002.pdf 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	62384

This is a scan of the original map.

The scan of the original map downloads as an Adobe pdf document, just so you know. I can take a photo of it and post that instead, if anyone particularly dislikes Adobe or pdf documents, or whatever. Let me know if that's what you want.