Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: August Entry: the Under Halls

Wip Next...

I didn't think about all the directions certain objects have to be, there may be upwards towards a hundred objects before I'm through.

Stairs going up in 4 directions and a stone urn.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairs-up-left.png 
Views:	371 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	5877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairs-up-right.png 
Views:	316 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	5878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairs-up-top.png 
Views:	456 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	5879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stairs-up-bottom.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	5880  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Last items for today!

Some debris... a pile of hay, some rocks and some rubble. More objects tomorrow!

GP

Name:	hay-pile.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	5882  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

GP, regarding your doors. When you make those can you make them so that the hinge, or pivot point, of the door is in the center of the overall graphic? What that does for us is make it extremely simple to rotate a door open using the mouse wheel, at least in MapTool.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Post Ah...

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    GP, regarding your doors. When you make those can you make them so that the hinge, or pivot point, of the door is in the center of the overall graphic? What that does for us is make it extremely simple to rotate a door open using the mouse wheel, at least in MapTool.
    So you want the door itself as a separate object. Right now I have the door as a single piece with the walls that frame around it. You'd rather have just a door, that you could show "opened".

No problem, hadn't given it that much thought, but then I mostly play tabletop and not VT, so this isn't as obvious for me!

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

You got it. In the base map you have the opening with no door and then drop the door in as a stamp on the object layer. That way when the party gets to the door and open it, the GM switches to the Object Layer selects the door and spins the mouse wheel and the door opens before their eyes. Then a quick erase of the Vision Blocking Layer and the room comes into view. It actually goes really fast in play.

EDIT: If I remember I'll whip up a quick demo of how it looks in MapTool for you so that you can see how the graphic itself works.
    Last edited by RPMiller; 08-12-2008 at 03:09 PM.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip door, bones, cave-in...

RPMiller, here's your door only object! Plus I've added a few Poser Skeletons to populate a tile. How about another way to block a doorway or passage - a cave-in pile of rubble.

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-14-2008 at 12:44 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Next...

Map Objects: campfire, stone well, broken armor, coil of chain and evocation circle...

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    RPMiller, here's your door only object! Plus I've added a few Poser Skeletons to populate a tile. How about another way to block a doorway or passage - a cave-in pile of rubble.
    Thanks, but... the door won't quite work as intended. The center of the graphic needs to be the hinge of the door. I totally blanked on doing that video for you... I'll email myself a reminder right now so that you can see how it works.

Wip Actually I think I understand...

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Thanks, but... the door won't quite work as intended. The center of the graphic needs to be the hinge of the door. I totally blanked on doing that video for you... I'll email myself a reminder right now so that you can see how it works.
    Actually, I think I understand... you want a door, where on the hinge side there is a transparent "block" the same width as the door, where the hinge is now located at the center of the graphic - so it rotates at the hinge. I believe this is what you mean...

Next 5 objects: a plank used for bridging, a suspended rope/plank bridge, an upright ladder, a trapdoor, and a trestle table with bench (I'll fix the door later today.)

GP

Name:	brige.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	5941  
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Actually, I think I understand... you want a door, where on the hinge side there is a transparent "block" the same width as the door, where the hinge is now located at the center of the graphic - so it rotates at the hinge. I believe this is what you mean...
    Pretty much. Do need for a transparent "block" though. Just make the canvas twice as tall/long as the door is and put the door on the top or bottom half such that the hinge is in the center and you've got it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast