Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: August Entry: the Under Halls

Post Yes, I can certainly do that!

Yes, RP, I can certainly do that - you want to spin the sarcophagus door open... meh!

Regarding the page curl on the map - this is really cheating, I used a Photoshop Plugin, built inside Xara Xtreme, AV Bros. Page Curl 2.0 for Xara. Just apply the Plugin button, select available plugins, a menu shows up to allow you to place your image topside or bottom side, you determine if curl is up or down and what actually curls.

I created a drop shadow to enhance the effect.

Not that this couldn't be handled by hand - I used the plugin for quick but cool effect.

Regarding the parchment - do you want this mapless parchment with or without the page curl, or are you looking for a cool parchment background for any maps?? I can do either or both.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip RPMiller requests!

First of all, not knowing size and resolution, I copied the parchment of my Lair of Lhessadrak map without the map, exported to JPG format at 100 ppi, but scaled in pixels at 4995 x 3981, 1.34 MB (hopefully that's enough for you, RP.)

Also created the rotateable sarcophagus lid - now that I'm a pro at it!

GP

PS: not sure what happened to the parchment, you can crop it, or I can, later on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parchment.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	5968  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Thanks for both GP! I was actually thinking map with curl without image, but now that I know what I'm looking for and generally how to do it, I can do that part myself unless you beat me to it. Thanks again for all the VTT additional stuff and putting up with my myriad requests.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip Dungeon Laboratory

A table for a wizard's laboratory... VT and Print versions!

All the cool objects here are basically 3D models/rendered and placed onto the Xara created table.

GP

Name:	wiz-table-big.png 
Views:	3433 
Size:	411.3 KB 
ID:	5972  
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool GP! *applauds*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Wip Sample Dungeon Plan...

I'm not done yet, still more objects to create, however, I thought I'd offer a sample dungeon plan with a few objects in place to demonstrate, how these tiles work. Note some of the tiles have been rotated 180 degrees from their created direction.

Tile #1, start of the dungeon is on the upper right corner tile - entry tiles. Presumeably, the last chamber of this dungeon plan is the crystal cavern in the lower left corner.

Note with the way I blocked certain exits, there is only a single path from start to crystal cavern, but multiple exit tiles could easily expand this with forks in multiple directions.

Anyway, sample to view... (heavily compressed JPG, some tokens will blur out of existence, but this map measures: 32 x 40 inches, using half the tiles made available and only a half dozen objects, not counting exit blockers.)

GP

Name:	sample-dungeon.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	5983  
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Militant objects

OK, some militant objects: a teepee stack of polearms, a weapons rack, a heavy crossbow, a smithy and a bowyery-fletchery.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-18-2008 at 05:20 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Sleeping Quarters

Map Objects for sleeping quarters: a crude hay-bed, a cot, a bedroll, a cage cell with hay on floor, and burrowing denizen's lair (giant ants, ankheg, etc.)

GP

Name:	cagecell.png 
Views:	2237 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	6034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burrowlair.png 
Views:	5352 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	6035  
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff GP, that burrowing lair could almost be made into a volcano with a little editing.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast