Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: August Entry: the Under Halls

Great work GP, now for a silly question, what are you creating your tokens in, I really like the look of them.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Post Xara and alittle 3D

Seerblue, as I mentioned at the start of this thread, I just created a Tutorial using Xara Xtreme to create dungeon maps, so I thought I'd strictly rely on Xara for everything here. Though a few of the objects were modeled and rendered in 3D (not much though, the glass containers and open book on the Wizard's Lab Table, for example.)

Everything else is completely created in Xara Xtreme 4.0 (many of my maps are, but this set especially!)

Check out the tutorial to get an idea how its done.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip More rotating objects!

RPMiller, how about another object with rotation (like the door and sarcophagus lid).

Below is a crate - the main box and the lid. The lid is centered at the lower right corner, so you can rotate it in MapTool to reveal the interior.

I've got more contents objects planned, but for now... treasure/coinage, poison gas trap, and some supplies.

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    RPMiller, how about another object with rotation (like the door and sarcophagus lid).

Below is a crate - the main box and the lid. The lid is centered at the lower right corner, so you can rotate it in MapTool to reveal the interior.

I've got more contents objects planned, but for now... treasure/coinage, poison gas trap, and some supplies.

GP
    That right there is BRILLIANT!! That is exactly the sort of thing that I really like and provides not only a 'wow' factor, but it has a ton of usefulness and the fact you thought ahead regarding its use makes it even more useful. I'm definitely going to have to beat you with my rep stick when it recharges.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Wip Crate Content Objects

Five more content objects for the rotating crate object: wizard goods/treasure, gemstones, fighter goods/treasure, acid spray trap, and scorpion.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Post Fire and Light

I thought these dungeon tiles could use some fire and light effects, so...

A torch on a sconce, a brazier with hot coals, a stove, an empty fireplace, and a burning fireplace.

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Who needs the Dunjinni forums anymore? We got GP! My rep stick is kinda dusty so allow me to apply the above-mentioned beatings about the head Excellent work and I really admire the commitment to see it all the way through as I couldn't even bring myself to go beyond my basic tiles for this challenge.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Who needs the Dunjinni forums anymore? We got GP!
    Now that's funny!

OK, the last five objects for the crate, I think:

1. Spring Bolt Trap - 3 small crossbows with poisoned bolts.
    2. Electrical Trap - collected static electricity discharges.
    3. Spellbook - protected by an active spell
    4. Demi-Lich - something scarier, than a giant scorpion.
    5. Ladder Down - surprise this lets the Crate become a hidden entry down.

Note: of course, these crate content objects work as stand-alone map objects too!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 08-21-2008 at 02:57 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff GP!

Keep 'em coming.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Map Most of the objects so far...

This isn't all my map objects, but most of them (short about 15 objects from total) for printed form. This page is a 300 dpi JPG file with about 46 items.

When I complete my objects creation, I'll upload the last objects and create another page like this. I believe these will need to be cut out with scissors. I recommend that these be printed to at least 65# cardstock. (If anybody desired, I could color laser print the tiles and object sheets for about $.65 each, or everything for less than $15)

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dungeon-objects-print.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	859.1 KB 
ID:	6097  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast