Really sweet style Carbus! I'm with Diamond on this: Favorite of 2014 thus far. And pretty close to All-time Favorite as well.

Tips, advice? I'd like to see more contrast. At the moment, it's all very mid-grey (no real lights or darks). The eye is designed to be attracted to contrast, so don't be afraid to punch up your range of values a bit. Also, with color involved, you want to put your most vibrant colors on your center of interest (the map). This is subtle, but... Looking closely at your latest image upload... it appears that everything inside of your map borders has been greyed out; there's more color saturation around the edges of your document (and a bit too much range in value) compared with what's on your map -- so.

I took the liberty of making a few adjustments in photoshop. It may be more adjustment than you ultimately like - personal preference and all - but it'll illustrate what I'm talking about I hope.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carbus map.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	62494

Otherwise, the bottom left corner could use cleaning up where the border is extended a mite too far.