Thread: August Entry: Bert the Troll's Cave

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post August Entry: Bert the Troll's Cave

I started this project a few days ago, before I knew what the mapping challenge would be. The concept is a relatively simple adventure scenario that should be suitable for 4ed.

Bert the troll lives in his troll cave, along with pets (e.g. dire bears), family, and possibly friends as well. There may also be live food in the form of captured wayfarers from nearby road, in his cave. There may also be other monsters in his cave, things that even Bert is reluctant to tangle with.

Since I am still building the pieces for building the cave itself, I am not quite sure what all will wind up in the final version.

Pictures below are for large scale map which includes the location of Bert's cave, and some details of surrounding area. It is only a guide layer for finished map. Arranged on this map are the 5 cave pieces I have finished so far (2 of the pieces are very similar to 2 of the others). Map is scaled 1 in = 20', pieces are made to scale 1 in = 5', so depicted pieces are over-sized wrt map scale.

I have also uploaded picture of 1 of the pieces that I have decided I will probably not change. This piece is a sort of referance piece, and all the other pieces will have to mesh well with it.

At my other thread I have posted a picture of this particular piece meshing with itself.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...?t=2626&page=2

I intend for this map to be VTT compatible when I am finished with it.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bert's Cave so far.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	5634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cave tile 1.png 
Views:	607 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	5635  
    Last edited by yu gnomi; 08-02-2008 at 08:03 PM.