Thread: August Entry: Bert the Troll's Cave

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Too large of pieces

Especially in your large, central chamber it appears to be too large to qualify for this challenge. Remember maps can be no larger than 8 x 10 where 1 inch per grid is the scale requirement. The central chamber appears to be 11 or 12 grids long, which is too big.

Interesting idea using "connection nodes" so you can create multi-directional paths.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Actually, I have more than 8 shapes for tiles. Even without the big chamber, I should be able to finish enough for mapping challenge.

Just wondering if I'm on right track or wrong track.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I agree with that "attachment nodes" being a really cool idea. Worth looking into and experimenting with, especially if you could make these fit together sort of like rotating puzzle pieces with a clear, round "loop" end and solid "post" end. Then lay a grid over top of the whole thing once done (like a black grid printed on clear cellophane).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps