Thread: (WIP) Overland Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default (WIP) Overland Map

Let me state upfront that I am a newb at this. But needing maps for a Pathfinder game I run, I figured I might as well start learning. Anywho, this is a map I have in progress. Back in 1998 I drew the original map for a campaign I ran. 16 years later I was cleaning out the attic and there it was, stuffed in a paper protector sleeve at the bottom of a trunk. So, instead of starting from scratch, I figured that would make a great jumping point for a map I needed. But the more I looked at it, the less impressed I was. So, I took a picture of the section I needed (it is actually 12 sections in size), slapped it into GIMP, and went to town. This is what I have so far. This map is actually for a sky realm, where the clouds are 'islands' floating around. Down below is a massive void of red, black, and gray swirling fog (they have no idea what is down there). But yeah, like I said, first try doing this on the comp, so be nice ;P I would love some input or ideas though. I am having a hard time trying to give it that 3d feel so that it looks like a floating island. I hope to put in some more texture too. I suppose I am having fun, so there is that at least. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_1.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	589.5 KB 
ID:	62499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map_pt3.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	872.8 KB 
ID:	62500