Thread: August Entry: Multiple textured paths

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I wonder if you could put some kind of path or stroke along the edge of the path with some kind of brush to show grass hanging over the edges some? But that may not be worth the effort, and I might just be going overboard.
    This technique shades by source gray level so where its a shade of gray you paint a bit of texture down so doing dashed lines on the edge is not easy unless you also combine the source with a polka dot type pattern or something like that. The idea is to use these as a base and then put tokens on top which might be characters but could also be trees and bushes too. What I find the hardest with token based apps is the floor. You could draw it with a CAD like interface but it doesn't fit so good with nice textured tokens so being able to quickly create that floor from a simple pattern is really handy. Apart from showing the technique I am also developing a set of textures and scripts to make these esp for the CWBP towns and places like that. Trying to kill two birds with one stone again.

Anyway - snow... what do you think of this one ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snow_sample.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	5730