Thread: Continent

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jkat718 View Post
    Although, I'm still interested in seeing whether making the globe stand out more (maybe darkened and embossed? I don't know exactly) wouldn't help make it look separate, and therefore less like clutter and more like a feature. Would you mind if I made a version like that?
    Nah you don't have to do that, but feel free to play around with it all you want for personal use Or did you mean use the style in one of your own maps? If so, by all means use it. I doubt i'm the first to do it.

The main focus for the player is going to be the realms in the continent anyway. All the other stuff is just for decoration and atmosphere. this is also the map for the 16:9 aspect ratio. i'm going to have to modify it for screens that use 4:3 so it doesnt look distorted. In which case that whole feature probably wont fit.

As i look back and forth between arillia4 and arillia6 i do think that i got a little too far away from the color scheme i was going for. ill probably play with that a little more and tone it back down closer to where it was in arillia4.

Thanks for the input! You're helping me stay on track
    Last edited by Slylok; 03-31-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson