Thread: Kingdoms of Eastern Jahannam - First Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That border is really cool. I like this map but I would like to point out a few things that I think could make it better. First I don't think that those mountains work very well with this map, especially because of their shading. I also think the icons need to be bigger, if they were they would be a lot more eye catching. Did you try to create cliffs for the area that you labeled the Whistling Cliffs? I think that area would look really good with at least a kind of rocky ledge. I also think that the names need a little work (although I wouldn't change The Fingerbones, I thought that was cool). I know you said that this wasn't tied to any story but is there a reason why the town Closing Eyes is in the middle of the Yamarani Wastes?

This is still a very cool looking map.

Thanks for the feedback. The icons being bigger is a really easy fix, and after looking over it again I totally agree. As for the mountains, what aspect do you suggest changing? I could remove the shading really easily, but I was attempting to create a shadow effect (obviously), but one that wasn't completely filled in, as I thought that might be too dark? Do you have a suggestion on an alternative style?