i got some time and decided to post a quick and dirty outline of the city plan so far...

i've made some extra additions to make the city a bit more bang for its buck... and also solidified some of the other explanations we've come up with above...

one of the main features displayed here is the 2 main roads and the wall surrounding the outer edge of inner city, and the others outside... these structures have all been built on ancient waylines, and collect energy from those who walk them. The everday work in the city is actually giving energy to the dark arts performed within the fort.

the second feature to note is the formation of a series of ruins in the forest to the north... these ruins include a graveyard, with a large temple in its centre, these ruins are of a previous settlement who created this temple, either destroyed by something evil, or stumbling upon an evil artifact that caused its destruction... over the years the forests have swallowed it back up, but the dark forces are searching it in order to find the power there. Sacrifices will be brough here, as well as slaves to help the excavation.
everything else is just for illustration of the location of features...

let me know what you think.

http://www.projectowl.org/images/rol...g/eg_area1.jpg