Definitely keep the leylines and nexuses and invent whatever you need to keep them in place, what's a rifts map without any rifts?

For border work I'd go with the high tech look as is the most common form of information storage and display in Rifts (even if there are plenty of other options as you mention, even the introduction style reports by whoshernameerinsomething are usually listed as being on some sort of data disk) and your map looks more digital anyhow.

A key in that same style can have a very simplified digital compass indicating predictably that north and up are one in the same without taking up much space or attention.

The water question depends on your target audience as does the print question. Aquatic adventures have not been a common thing in my circle of friends despite us loving the books for the water themes.

As a 35 year old gamer in my experience more people will show off maps on a computer than bother printing them, but that's a single persons experience so not a lot of data points to go on.

I like the colored logo, it doesn't introduce many new colors to the map or I might feel it was a bit much.

The green all looks good to me.

I like your choice of my birth state for a map, in a totally non-biased way of course. Your islands have a some what blobby look to them in places, like the ring of them along the southern edge of the U.P. Looking very good over all!