Thread: First battlemap - Sand Raiders from Dark Sun 4e

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I actual like the rocks a lot. As JT said its an effective battlemap, you'll refine your skills a bit and it will be very eye candy like. Sadly I'm unfamiliar with GIMP so I can't give any advice on that front as I have no idea what transfers over and what doesn't. My suggestion for the dunes is search around at CGTextures (a really wonderful resource as you said you plan to do more battlemaps in the future) and find a base texture with the right randomness dark and shadow, its easy to recolor things once you have that.

I actual like the rocks a lot.
    The shape or texture or both ?
    As JT said its an effective battlemap, you'll refine your skills a bit and it will be very eye candy like.
    Like most students I WANT IT NOW! See the immediate results instantly is gratifying, to say the least.
    Wow...

Well, this is MOSTLYFINISHED version of the first map. I don't think I can do any better right now. Need to learn some tricks first. Please do comment and advice if you feel like it.
    Anyone who want to use it - feel free. The adventure is on the page 216 of Dark Sun Campaign Setting book. I'll make sure to do the rest of those maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sand Raiders 01daek.jpeg 
Views:	182 
Size:	312.4 KB 
ID:	62905
    Here is one from VTT
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VTTshot.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	62906