Thread: Rhen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Rhen

Hi, I've been working on a world for the last year or so, focusing on the history, culture, and story side of the main continent (or at least, the continent I am focusing on at the moment). As always I started with a general idea and a map, which hasn't changed much in a year. When I have finished the descriptions of the geography and cultures, I would like to return to the maps and redraw/edit them using a software program (about which I will research later). In the meantime, these are two drawn drafts. One map is the continent (roughly the size of Europe turned 90 degrees) and another is the zoomed in portion of Northeast Rhen. The world is about one and half times the size of Earth, the rivers flow north to south, and the mountains to the west are old and worn, to the east new and tall. The jet stream flows west to east, but meets the continent from a generally southern direction bringing relatively warmer weather to an otherwise cold and northernly positioned continent. I've put in some effort into the plausibility of this world, so any feedback concerning this would be appreciated. Also, general impressions are extremely helpful. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northern Realm continent.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	62938
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NoR.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	4.19 MB 
ID:	62939
    Last edited by gtwucla; 04-05-2014 at 05:45 AM.