Thread: Hi Everyone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi Everyone

Hello!

I've just discovered the cartograher'guild and am very happy to have joined.

There's a bit of a tale in how it is that I found my way here.

I write fiction for a hobby. Well, I call it a hobby I dont write that often, and when I do I rarely sell what I write. So I prefer to consider it a hobby capable of generating a windfall every now and then rather than a profession!

In either case, fantasy fiction has always been a passion of mine, although strangely to date I've never had the opportunity to write any! Historical Fiction, crime, a touch of horror, but I've never written fantasy fiction. Until now that is. I recently started a project, I'm not sure if its a novel, TV or film at this point but its set in the big bad capital of a fantasy world. To help flesh out the setting I turned to roleplaying and used roll20 to post a campaign and attract players - which I managed to do.

Which finally brings me onto the maps. I have two maps I need to create. The world map and the city map. My current versions are the rudest of sketches that wouldn't even be accepted on amateur night. So there I was looking for guidance, examples etc, and I came across this community. Thank god you exist because I'd like to put something together that's at a good standard, and without this community and the tutorials produced by its members, (some of which led me to this site), I doubt very much I'd have hope in hell!

Once again. Thanks for having me.
    Last edited by RaviB; 04-06-2014 at 10:40 AM.