Thread: WIP - The two kingdoms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi guys and thanks for your opinions, a good critic helps to improve more than congrats
    the relief is quite a difficult subject and i guess i failed with that one, painting shadow is really a tough work, the result seems so light to me that i couldnt resist to add digital effects.
    Like max said i suppose it was a bit too soon for me to try to mix digital effects and hand drawn elements, the 3/4 view is really a big challenge and i guess the mixing of top down techniques and 3/4 hand drawn elements doesnt help to sell the relief.
    For the icons i wish they were mine but nop i found them online (and yes they are really wonderfull!) i just colored them, at first i try to make top down cities but they look so nice i wanted to use them at all cost.. Here's a version of my map relief without other elements, i'm still stuck with the feeling it isn't really working but can't tell how to fix it, i guess it's time to move on to a new project without repeting the same mistakes
    And yep the cracked texture are meant for bald earth (less vegetation on top of hills) but i painted them also to try to increase the relief effect of hills
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relief.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	63043
    Last edited by Francissimo; 04-08-2014 at 03:22 AM.